Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home, Sweet, Home

My trip to Madison was a giant whirlwind.  I stayed at Jason's the first night, then I went over to Leah's house to save on gas.  Thursday, Leah and I got our nails done and we hung out with Ashley and the girls.  Friday, we got ready for Leah's party and it was a lot of fun.  Many people came and it was a big hit.  Jasper even went and wore a white shirt and tie (the first time I ever saw that).  The decorations were beautiful and the food was great.  The dessert was made by a baker in Deforest and the food was catered by a place that Blake knows - it was all very good.  I got a chance to talk to Brenda and some other folks I haven't seen in awhile and it was all good.  I was so tired, I just sacked out when I got back to Leah's.  I slept on the couch, which was pretty comfortable but hard to turn.  That night when Leah and the family came home, Shanti tried to talk to me but I was so tired, I didn't make much sense.  It was really funny.

We went swimming on Saturday,  and that night I went out with Tammy, Barb, Sharon and Sandy.  We all met at Olive Garden, which was delicious as usual.  We had a great time talking and stayed in the resturant for 4 hours.  You know, get a flock of women talking who I haven't seen in two months, and it becomes a talking and laughing orgy - which is what I really needed.  It was great to see them and we are going to plan a vacation somewhere we all want to go to -- which sounds like a lot of fun!  

Church on Sunday was really good, and Jasper came.  The sermon was about the Prodigal Son which really touched Jasper.  I'm so glad he was there to hear it.  After church, we went to the Cheescake Factory in the Milwaukee area.  Jason, Donovan and Jade met us there and Nazly, Robert, Jasper, Ashley and Elise went with us.  The food was great and it was a lot of fun.  We stopped at Johnson Creek outlet mall on the way back.  All in all, the week was great.  I got to the doctor appointments I needed to go to, did a little shopping, enjoyed all the stuff that goes into making a party great with Leah and Ashley and really enjoyed my grandchildren.  It was truly a vacation.

Jasper woke me up at 2:30 this morning because he wanted to make sure I got to the airport early.  I mis-read the ticket and so I was really early, but no worries - better early than late.  First, we had to go and pick up Kita from Virginia at 3:30 am, and then off to Milwaukee's airport.  Yesterday, I had taken Kita to the vet to get doggie tranquilizers to use when we went on the plane, and then she had a haircut.  It looks more like a crewcut, but the groomer said she couldn't help it, that her hair was too matted down.  I felt really bad - I should get her hair cut sooner than I did, next time.  She only weighs 6 pounds.  Kita is a Yorkie mix with either Poodle or Bichon - I don't know which - and she just turned a year old.  Virginia was watching her for me, but now it was time for me to bring her down to Florida with me.

So we got to the airport at around 5:00 and my plane didn't leave until 7:50.  I gave Kita the tranquilizers and she got really mellow within an hour.  I took dramimine around the same time, and I got really mellow too - we were both pretty high when we boarded the plane.  I actually slept on and off the whole plane ride, which was great.  The seat next to me was empty while everyone was boarding and I prayed and asked God to have someone who is skinny and is a female sit next to me.  I didn't want a big, smelly man sitting next to me, where we have to touch - I just hate that.  So, thankfully, toward the end of the line, a slim lady sat down next to me and all I could say was, "Thank you Jesus..."  I do not like touching or being touched by someone I don't know.  In those skinny airplane seats, you inevitably touch the person next to you, and if you are the unlucky one to be in the middle, well, then, you have to touch two people.  In fact, you're almost like a sandwich, you're so squeezed in those things. 

When I got to Florida, it actually felt like home, which is really kind of weird.  I guess I don't have a home in Madison any longer, so this is where I belong at this time.  I will have to go back to Madison every 3 months to see my doctor, but it will be right around then, that I will be missing my grandkids and I'll need to go there to get my "fix." 

Danny picked me up at the airport and we laughed about all of the current antics with my parents.  Things haven't changed.  But I wasn't expecting them to either.  My parents met Kita for the first time this afternoon and they both seemed to like her.  My dad didn't have his usual nasty comment about the dog looking like a rat, since he isn't fond of small dogs.  And Kita actually jumped on his lap and he enjoyed that she did that.  Who knows - maybe her and my dad will come to like each other and she will actually be therapeutic for him and my mom.  She pooped right in front of my dad and instead of bellowing a fit, he just said she did poopoo in a matter-of-fact tone of voice and I cleaned it up.

I am at "home," tomorrow is another day, and for right now, I am looking forward to sleeping in a bed with the door closed and Kita right beside me.  Who knows, maybe she will surprise me and actually poop on the grass tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment