Tuesday, August 16, 2011

God Always Answers Prayers

My dad and I got up to the hospital around 1:30 this afternoon, and we all didn't leave until 6:30 this evening.  We were waiting for the neurologist all that time, to come and explain to us what is going on with my mom.  Finally she did appear and what she said was very good news.  She thinks my mom has been having tiny, small seizures by her own description before she falls.  The doctor prescribed her some new medication that will help if she is truly having seizures, and hopefully help with the dizziness.  She also said the spot on her brain was nothing to worry about.  It could have been there for many years, as far as they could tell. The MRI and EEG tests that she had, showed everything was fine and there was no cause for worry.  This was all a huge relief.  I think my dad, mom and I all took a deep breath after everything that was said and done.  Who said God doesn't answer prayers?

But frankly, even if the news was not good tonight, God still answers prayer.  Sometimes it's not as fast as we would like it or it's not the answer that we want - but He always answers - one way or the other.  When I don't know which way to pray, I will always pray that His will be done.  That's the safest way to pray, as there is more power in prayer than we even realize. 

Several years ago I heard a sermon preached by a visiting evangelist that I will never forget.  There was a group of scientists of whom some believed in God and others didn't, who wanted to measure prayer scientifically.  I don't remember exactly how they did it, but they hooked up people to machines that detected the velocity or electrical degree, or the power that they emitted as they prayed their prayers.  It was an amazing story, in that the people who were praying for others, the electrical impulses or velocity went off the scale they were measuring.  In other words, their prayers measured "off the charts" scientifically and the scientists were all amazed at the degree of power their prayer eminated.  They stated that the amount of power that was being projected by a single person's prayer equaled a huge bomb. 

So the bottom line is that when we pray, we not only touch the throne of God, we do it with such a large amount of power, that the whole spiritual realm must quake.  That's very cool when you think about it.

I believe in the power of prayer and I believe in the One, True, Living God Who answers my prayers.  Can I get an amen?

2 comments: