Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Phone

So on Sunday mornings, it takes me a long time to wake up as I drink some coffee, have something to eat and get dressed for church.  It's the same way every Sunday, no matter how early I go to bed the night before.  I usually wake up by the time I'm in the car driving with the a/c on full blast.  This past Sunday, I couldn't find my phone and I hate going anywhere without it.  I don't know why - it's a security blanket thing.  Just in case.  So I'm frantically looking for it before I leave and it's not in my purse or on the car seat, so I have to go back in the house to see if I left it on the counter.  Unfortunately, Kita thinks my trip was extremely short so she's jumping around hysterically to greet me as if I've been gone for hours and I'm pushing past her to find my phone.  Finally I gave up cause it was irritating me, and I left Kita, again, and went on my way to church.  My dad says she howls and cries the whole time I'm gone every time I go somewhere, poor thing.  The pet store I go to has an organic substance that you can give your dog before you leave, that helps her chill out a little bit.  I have yet to try it but I plan on buying some soon.

So church was up and running with a good worship service when I got there and I settled into my pew.  I've been sitting up in the front pew for a real change, and I kind of like it.  It forces me to pay more attention, because I get easily distracted further back.  I'm sure I have had ADD all of my life, but you know they didn't have this disease when I was a kid.  I was just considered BAD. 

It wasn't until toward the end of service where I looked down and lo and behold, like a mighty revelation in the Bible, there was my phone protruding through my blouse.  I had stuck it in my bra because I couldn't hold onto everything that I was carrying into the kitchen at the time and I forgot that it was in there.  Oh no.  I didn't know what to do, but because I didn't want it ringing right while the pastor was preaching, I waited for an opportune time - like when he was really shouting and folks were amen'ing. So when this moment happened, I slipped my hand ever so carefully into my bosom and retrieved the sucker.  I quickly put it in my purse and hoped no one saw me do this; I looked down for a moment, pretending that I do this all the time, just in case someone did see me.  Thankfully, the phone never rang, but there is this weird image on the face of it that won't go away.  I have some theories what that might be, but I am just happy to have my phone "back" that I don't even care.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! So so something I would do.... and then if it started ringing, I would start laughing and then.... dear Jesus.... that would be the end of that. I, too, am sure I was never BAD, but had ADD. No wonder we are friends. Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, thanks for your comments, Kris! We do seem to be kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was a lot inside of my bra like urs that I couldnt even tell if a phone was inside, wow!

    ReplyDelete