Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Life's Twists and Turns

It's been almost a month since I last wrote, partly because I don't have my laptop with me and mostly because so much has happened during this time. Where do I begin?

Well, I moved all my stuff back to Madison and I was living with my daughter and her family. I thought that was the right thing to do at the time, even though my dad was upset when I left - he wanted me to stay longer. He feels more comfortable when I'm with them, as my mom's memory is going and there are times when she simply doesn't make sense. My dad doesn't know how to handle this and I think he looked to me as the buffer between him and my mom.

I lived with Leah a few weeks and then I got a phone call from my little brother that his wife had died. He was totally distraught and I wished I could have been down there (he lives in Florida too) to help him. My kids and I all decided to go down to Florida for the funeral. Jason flew and so did Micah and Jasmin. Leah, Parris, Ashanti and I all drove down to my mom's in their van. It was quite an experience and one that I won't forget. We had a lot of laughs going down there.

Finally we all got to my mom's and relaxed for a few days before the funeral. Danny had asked Micah to speak during the service and so they both said something and it was a short, simple and peaceful service. Afterward, we all went out to eat but Danny wanted to just take his daughter home and sleep. They both had a grueling and emotional week and I'm sure they were exhausted.

The rest of the week, we all just hung out and talked and I realized that I had left Florida too soon. I decided to just stay here for an indefinite amount of time, as long as my parents need me, and now Danny needing me. I didn't think it all the way through when I moved back to Madison, and the timing wasn't right. I will miss my grandchildren as well as my children and friends, but I have to do what I feel is the right thing to do. Besides, I will still come home every three months for my doctor appointments, so I will see everyone then. There's no greater place to be than to be in the will of God. There can be a whirlwind of storms all around you, but if you're in the center of His will, then you're in the safe palm of His hands.

So I guess my blog won't end here after all, since I'm still living with old people. Oh, and I should mention that I was approved for Social Security disability, so I will be retiring officially within the next few months and pulling my pension. Life is interesting and always full of twists and turns. And it's even more exciting when being led by that unseen hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment